Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
2. Anything that assures a certain outcome.
3. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
4. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
5. A bold, or arrogant strut.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level