Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
2. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
3. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
4. The brink of a dangerous situation.
5. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level