Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
2. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
3. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.
4. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
5. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level