Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
2. Of or relating to a holding of something in trust for another.
3. Belonging to the period before a war, especially the American Civil War.
4. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
5. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level