Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To seize another’s place, authority, or possession wrongfully.
2. Extremely rapid, hasty, or abrupt; precipitate.
3. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness.
4. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
5. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level