Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
2. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
3. A process by which a task is completed; a way of doing something.
4. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
5. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level