Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
2. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
3. Self-confidence; poise; composure.
4. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
5. To follow a winding course
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides