Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
2. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
3. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
4. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
5. A feeling of contempt or scorn.