Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To make stable or firm; to confirm.
2. A measurement one can compare to.
3. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
4. A process by which a task is completed; a way of doing something.
5. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements