Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
2. Flexible, liable to change.
3. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
4. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
5. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.