Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
2. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
3. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
4. To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own.
5. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.