Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The brink of a dangerous situation.
2. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
3. Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
4. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
5. Exhibiting guilty or evasive secrecy.