Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
2. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
3. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
4. To make sure or certain of something (usually some future event or condition).
5. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries