Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Existing or occurring at the moment.
2. Emitting light; glowing brightly
3. The brink of a dangerous situation.
4. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
5. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level