Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
2. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
3. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
4. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition