Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
2. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
3. To follow a winding course
4. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
5. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.