Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
2. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
3. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
4. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
5. Sly; crafty; clever in surreptitious behaviour.