ARE YOU a K-12 educator in Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco or Pinellas county?
DO YOU use the Tampa Bay Times in your classroom in an innovative, meaningful manner?
The 2017 NIE Teacher of the Year Award will recognize educators who:
- Use the Tampa Bay Times to enhance student learning and the learning environment
- Employ innovative newspaper-based lessons, strategies or projects to develop students’ literacy skills
- Integrate the close reading of news into classroom instruction
The winning educator will be honored at an award reception in May 2017 and will receive:
- $100 cash prize
- A grand prize plaque
- A Tampa Bay Times prize pack
- An invitation to present the winning lesson, strategy or project at the Aug. 2017 Florida Press Educational Services summer training conference at the Ritz-Carlton in Naples, Fla.
- Reimbursement for conference lodging and travel
Entries will be accepted Jan. 15 – March 31, 2017
Click here for complete official rules