Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
2. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
3. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
4. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
5. An assemblage or display; a gathering, collection of people or things.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level