Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
2. The result or outcome of a cause.
3. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
4. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
5. Brief, concise, to the point.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level