Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Obvious or easy to notice.
2. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
3. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
4. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
5. To clarify or make something understandable
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level