Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
2. Enthusiasm; enjoyment, vigor
3. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
4. Brief, concise, to the point.
5. The person, place or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level