Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
2. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
3. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
4. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
5. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level