Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
2. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
3. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
4. To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
5. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level