Make your NIE website the gateway to your digital replica edition!
NIEonline works with newspapers in support of their independent Newspaper In Education program. Our online classroom resources and other innovative materials provide new ways for teachers to use your newspaper as a “living textbook” in their classrooms while helping to build repeat traffic to your digital replica edition.
We specialize in:
Custom website designs
- Using your branding and classroom resources tied to current events, our NIE websites engage students with interactive quizzes, video and audio in easy to access, user-friendly formats right from your website.
Fast, reliable support
- Let us host, manage and update your NIE website so your overworked in-house tech staff doesn’t have to. Program updates you initiate are completed, in most cases, within hours and definitely within 24-hours unless otherwise agreed upon.
Quality classroom resources, updated weekly
- Professional journalists use solid news judgment to tailor our lessons to the most important events of the week, which enhance the relevance of your daily newspaper as a “living textbook” in the classroom.
Automated online ordering
- Tired of manually entering orders? Let teachers place orders directly from your NIE website with our custom online ordering software. A password-protected administration area provides access to your data so you can download real-time reports and manage users as needed.
Automated verification affidavits
- No more chasing affidavits! Easily email a verification reminder to every active order within a specified subscription period. Add an additional level of encouragement by allowing the software to block email addresses with unverified orders from re-ordering until the past order is verified.
Digital edition authentication and validation
- We provide digital edition login and user validation procedures with immediate access upon order submission. Or, we can integrate our online ordering system to work with your current authentication process.
Check our References
Visit these NIE websites designed and managed by NIEonline. Feel free to contact them. Ask how we work with them. It’s how we’d work for you!
“The Tampa Bay Times Newspaper in Education program is the largest NIE program in Florida. The newspaper provides teachers with contemporary informational texts that engage students and relate academic learning to real-world experiences. We couldn’t provide this service as efficiently without NIEonline.com. While the Tampa Bay Times is a large, privately-owned newspaper, we do not have the staff to maintain a separate website for our NIE program. The NIEonline staff has created our website, which enhances our ability to communicate with teachers. Our website services as a portal for administration functions as well quality lesson plans and a gateway to the digital edition of the newspaper. Thanks to NIEonline, we are able to have teachers register for the subscriptions, register for event, and electronically complete affidavits. NIEonline.com has created a website that is a perfect match of our original curriculum with updated weekly lessons in a multimedia format. It is a pleasure to work with Jan Grabowski and Bart Rinke; they are a wonderful team.”
NIE Manager, Tampa Bay Times
President, Florida Press Educational Services