Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
2. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
3. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
4. Of or relating to a holding of something in trust for another.
5. Impossible to dispute; unquestionable
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level