Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
2. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
3. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
4. Having a bad disposition; surly.
5. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level