Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Lacking serious purpose or occupation; idle.
2. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
3. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
4. Division into ordered groups or categories.
5. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level