Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
2. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.
3. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
4. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
5. To show servile deference.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level