Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
2. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
3. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
4. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
5. A system of names used in an art or science:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides