Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
2. Very talkative; garrulous.
3. Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.
4. To proceed completely around:
5. Warlike in manner or temperament; pugnacious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level