Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Obvious or easy to notice.
2. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
3. To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own.
4. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
5. Having an unvarying tone or pitch