Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
2. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
3. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
4. To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity.
5. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.