Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
2. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
3. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
4. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
5. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.