Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having a bad disposition; surly.
2. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
3. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
4. Playfully jocular; humorous
5. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.