Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The extent to which something matters; importance
2. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
3. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
4. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
5. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level