Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Allowing light to pass through but diffusing it
2. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
3. Emitting light; glowing brightly
4. To end, to come to an end.
5. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level