Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The source or reason of an event or action
2. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
3. To bump into or brush against while in motion.
4. To follow a winding course
5. A process of compensation for losses.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level