Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
2. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
3. To build or form something by assembling parts.
4. To identify by or divide into classes; to categorize.
5. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level