Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
2. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
3. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
4. Vacuously, smugly, and unconsciously foolish.
5. Eating and drinking in moderation.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level