Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To show servile deference.
2. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
3. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
4. A part, portion, or share.
5. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level