Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
2. Having one’s true identity concealed.
3. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
4. An underlying base or foundation especially for an organization or system.
5. Having a harmful effect; injurious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level