Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Clear to the understanding.
2. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
3. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
4. A part, portion, or share.
5. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level