Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
2. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
3. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
4. A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality
5. Warlike in manner or temperament; pugnacious.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level