Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
2. A pleasant smell or odour.
3. Obvious or easy to notice.
4. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
5. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level