Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A particular geographic region.
2. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
3. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
4. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
5. To make stable or firm; to confirm.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level