Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To make stable or firm; to confirm.
2. A process of compensation for losses.
3. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
4. An assemblage or display; a gathering, collection of people or things.
5. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level