Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The dividing line or location between two areas.
2. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
3. Connection or association; the condition of being related.
4. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
5. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides