Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
2. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
3. An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
4. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
5. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level