Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Existing or occurring at the moment.
2. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
3. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
4. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
5. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level