Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A measurement one can compare to.
2. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
3. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
4. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
5. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level