Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The extent to which something matters; importance
2. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
3. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
4. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
5. More or most likely to be exposed to the chance of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level