Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To cause to take physical form, or to cause an object to appear.
2. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
3. The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
4. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
5. Existing or occurring at the moment.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level