Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
2. More than half (50%) of some group
3. Approaching; drawing near; about to happen
4. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
5. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level