Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
2. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
3. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
4. The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy.
5. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides