Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
2. The dividing line or location between two areas.
3. A process of compensation for losses.
4. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
5. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level