Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
2. A feeling of contempt or scorn.
3. The source or reason of an event or action
4. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
5. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level