Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity.
2. Anything that assures a certain outcome.
3. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
4. Unspoiled; still with its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied
5. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level