Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
2. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
3. Cheerfully confident; optimistic.
4. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
5. The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level