Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.
2. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
3. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
4. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
5. A part, portion, or share.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level