Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
2. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
3. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
4. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
5. To proceed completely around:
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level