Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
2. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
3. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
4. To renounce under oath; forswear.
5. To endow with the rights of citizenship, especially the right to vote.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides