Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
2. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
3. Lacking serious purpose or occupation; idle.
4. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
5. A part, portion, or share.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level