Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Having a bad disposition; surly.
2. To insert or introduce between other elements or parts.
3. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
4. Clear to the understanding.
5. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level