Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
2. The process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source.
3. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
4. To picture falsely; misrepresent.
5. Belonging to the period before a war, especially the American Civil War.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level