Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
2. Eating and drinking in moderation.
3. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
4. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
5. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level