Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
2. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
3. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
4. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
5. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level