Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Any of numerous natural and synthetic compounds consisting of up to millions of repeated linked units,
2. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
3. Playfully jocular; humorous
4. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
5. A form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life,
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level