Resources for Teachers and Students
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A circular strand of DNA in bacteria that contains the hereditary information necessary for cell life.
2. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
3. The basic unit of currency among participating European Union countries.
4. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.
5. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level
Online Reference Guides