Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
2. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
3. The extent to which something matters; importance
4. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
5. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
©2019 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com