Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
2. Allowing light to pass through but diffusing it
3. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
4. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
5. A pleasant smell or odour.
©2017 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com