Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
2. Of a central nature, first and foremost
3. Subject; theme; a category or general area of interest.
4. A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects,
5. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
©2023 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com