Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The extent to which something matters; importance
2. To move or swing a weapon back and forth, particularly if demonstrating skill.
3. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
4. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
5. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
©2021 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com