Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
2. Timid, fearful, overly cautious
3. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
4. The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy.
5. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
©2020 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com