Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Scattered fragments, typically of something wrecked or destroyed
2. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
3. A particular geographic region.
4. To build or form something by assembling parts.
5. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
©2020 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com