Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
2. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
3. Existing or occurring at the moment.
4. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
5. To attempt to stop the progression of.
©2021 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com