Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
2. Capable of doing many things competently
3. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
4. Having traits or characteristics in common; alike, comparable.
5. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
©2022 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com