Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
2. Existing or occurring at the moment.
3. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
4. More than half (50%) of some group
5. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
©2019 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com