Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
2. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
3. A glowing piece of coal or wood.
4. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
5. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
©2021 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com