Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To run away with quick light steps, to scamper.
2. Timid, fearful, overly cautious
3. To clarify or make something understandable
4. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
©2017 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com