Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
2. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
3. To clarify or make something understandable
4. Enthusiasm; enjoyment, vigor
5. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
©2020 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com