Words in the News Quiz
5 Elementary Words
Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
2. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
3. An attempt to deceive someone into believing that one can or will do something.
4. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
5. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
©2022 Boston Herald in Education and Online Publications Inc. and NIEonline.com