Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Specifically, giving indication of a coming ill; being an evil omen
2. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
3. The energy and strength for continuing to do something over a long period of time ; power of sustained exertion, or resistance to hardship, illness etc.
4. Disappointingly inadequate; gloomy and bleak.
5. The quantity of motion of a moving body; the impetus gained by a moving object
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level