Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Different from one another; of different kinds or sorts
2. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
3. To set fire to (something), to light (something)
4. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
5. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level