Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A thing that is granted, esp. in response to demands.
2. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
3. So difficult or taxing as to make one exhausted; backbreaking.
4. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
5. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level