Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
2. The ability to foresee or prepare wisely for the future.
3. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
4. Tending to socialize or be social; friendly; inviting; congenial.
5. To cause to float easily or gently through the air
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level