Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Specifically, giving indication of a coming ill; being an evil omen
2. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
3. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
4. The system of production and distribution and consumption.
5. The power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone; the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as conduct, thoughts or decisions.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level