Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
2. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
3. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
4. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
5. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level