Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
2. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
3. Emitting light; glowing brightly
4. A measurement one can compare to.
5. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level