Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Something done or paid to compensate or make amends.
2. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
3. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
4. To seize another’s place, authority, or possession wrongfully.
5. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level