Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A large or dense group of insects, esp. flying ones.
2. A state of confused and noisy disturbance
3. The extent to which something matters; importance
4. The source or reason of an event or action
5. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level