Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
2. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
3. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
4. Subject; theme; a category or general area of interest.
5. Quick and neat in action; skillful.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level