Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Brief, concise, to the point.
2. To set fire to (something), to light (something)
3. A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.
4. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
5. Anything that assures a certain outcome.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level