Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Facts or observations presented in support of an assertion.
2. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
3. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
4. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level