Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Connection or association; the condition of being related.
2. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
3. The result or outcome of a cause.
4. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
5. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level