Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
2. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
3. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
4. Deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements
5. To start (a fire) or light (a torch).
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level