Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
2. A barrier constructed across a road, especially as a military defense.
3. Existing or occurring at the moment.
4. To make sure or certain of something (usually some future event or condition).
5. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level