Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. T h e r a t e o f o c c u r r e n c e o f a n y t h i n g ; t h e r e l a t i o n s h i p b e t w e e n i n c i d e n c e a n d t i m e p e r i o d .
2. Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary
3. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
4. Offensive or repulsive; arousing disgust or aversion
5. What something does or is used for.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level