Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
2. Self-confidence; poise; composure.
3. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
4. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
5. A process by which a task is completed; a way of doing something.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level