Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
2. A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction.
3. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
4. To drive away by scattering, or so to cause to vanish.
5. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level