Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
2. The line that bounds a circle or other two-dimensional figure.
3. Brief, concise, to the point.
4. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
5. Allowing light to pass through but diffusing it
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level