Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
2. A long flat-topped fixture in a store or bank across which business is conducted with customers.
3. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
4. Open resistance; bold disobedience.
5. The act of exasperating or the state of being exasperated; irritation; keen or bitter anger.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level