Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A gift or payment to a common fund or collection.
2. A mixture of various ingredients or elements.
3. Capable of doing many things competently
4. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
5. A thing that is granted, esp. in response to demands.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level