Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
2. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
3. The dividing line or location between two areas.
4. To attempt to stop the progression of.
5. Dark or dreary in character; joyless, and grim.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level