Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
2. Dark, faint or indistinct.
3. To hear a conversation one is not intended to hear; to listen in.
4. Of a central nature, first and foremost
5. Enthusiasm; enjoyment, vigor
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level