Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
2. A pleasant smell or odour.
3. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
4. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
5. The force or energy of a collision of two objects.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level