Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
2. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
3. Anticipating something with anxiety or fear.
4. To relate a story or series of events by speech or writing.
5. The result or outcome of a cause.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level