Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Obvious or easy to notice.
2. To bring down the size, quantity, value or intensity of something; to diminish, to lower, to impair.
3. Explain the meaning of (information, words, or actions)
4. To completely engage the attention of.
5. The extent to which something matters; importance
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level