Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
2. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
3. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
4. Exhibiting guilty or evasive secrecy.
5. The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level