Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A measurement one can compare to.
2. To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
3. Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
4. Obvious or easy to notice.
5. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level