Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
2. The iron-containing respiratory pigment in red blood cells of vertebrates.
3. Of or relating to a holding of something in trust for another.
4. Either of two points on the celestial sphere at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator.
5. Needless repetition of the same sense in different words; redundancy.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level