Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Eating and drinking in moderation.
2. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
3. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
4. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
5. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level