Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
2. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
3. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
4. To renounce under oath; forswear.
5. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level