Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
2. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
3. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
4. To impress (something) upon the mind of another by frequent instruction or repetition; instill.
5. Attended by favorable circumstances; propitious.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level