Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. An extremely distant, and thus old, celestial object whose power output is several thousand times that of our entire galaxy.
2. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
3. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
4. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
5. Having a bad disposition; surly.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level