Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Clear to the understanding.
2. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
3. Belonging to the period before a war, especially the American Civil War.
4. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
5. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level