Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
2. Extremely rapid, hasty, or abrupt; precipitate.
3. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
4. The basic unit of currency among participating European Union countries.
5. Warlike in manner or temperament; pugnacious.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level