Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
2. The use of obstructionist tactics, especially prolonged speechmaking, for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
3. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
4. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
5. Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level