Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
2. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
3. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
4. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
5. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level