Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To renounce under oath; forswear.
2. A diligent, dependable worker.
3. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
4. Government by a few, especially by a small faction of persons or families.
5. Interchanged, given, or owed to each other.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level