Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To endow with the rights of citizenship, especially the right to vote.
2. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
3. A diligent, dependable worker.
4. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
5. To repeat in concise form. To make a summary.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level