Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A product of disintegration, destruction, or wearing away; debris.
2. Having one’s true identity concealed.
3. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
4. To weaken or destroy the strength or vitality of.
5. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level