Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
2. To remove erroneous, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material from (a book, for example) before publication.
3. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
4. Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
5. Of or relating to a holding of something in trust for another.
Colorado NIE Weekly lessons
Colorado NIE Youth Content
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level