Teachers: Teach with the Times and win a $15 gift card!
How to Teach with the Times
Learn from the pros – innovative ways to use the newspaper in the classroom from Tampa Bay Times Newspaper in Education teachers
NIE Teacher of the Year award
This award recognizes teachers, literacy coaches and media specialists who advocate for literacy and civic learning through the use of the Tampa Bay Times and NIE resources.
The 2021 contest will open for entries Oct. 1, 2020 – Feb. 1, 2021.
Previous grand prize winners:
- 2021 – Elizabeth Crawley, Seminole High School, Pinellas County
- 2020 – Tiffany Southwell, Steinbrenner High School, Hillsborough County
- 2019 – Donald Whitaker, Inverness Middle School, Citrus County
- 2018 – Elizabeth Crawley, Seminole High School
- 2017 – Cynthia Bowen, Carwise Middle School
- 2015 – Tracey Keim, St. Petersburg High School
The Tampa Bay Times = Informational text
Download Front Page Poster
Informational text can be seen as a type of nonﬁction. The characteristics of informational text are that it:
- ⇒ Conveys information about the natural or social world;
- ⇒ Is written from someone who knows information to someone who doesn’t
- ⇒ Has specialized features such as headings and technical vocabulary.
Click here for Digital Edition instructions
Attention school personnel and parents:
- Get the Tampa Bay Times for 13 weeks for just $2 a week.
- Sunday print + unlimited digital access or unlimited digital access only.
- Unlimited Digital Access includes:
- e-Newspaper – the digital replica of each day’s Tampa Bay Times, plus bonus content, exclusive comics, Perspective and we’ve added pages to Floridian including Bright Spots. Don’t miss another day!
- Unlimited digital access to tampabay.com
- DayStarter email – top headlines and information delivered to your inbox every week day.
To get started, go to https://subscribe.tampabay.com/offer
Enter Offer code: NIE
[Not available to current subscribers. All new subscriptions are subject to a $5.20 non-refundable activation fee.]