Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To exclude; to specify as being an exception.
2. Assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
3. An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
4. The person, place or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired.
5. Scattered fragments, typically of something wrecked or destroyed
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level