Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The act of inhabiting; state of inhabiting or dwelling, or of being inhabited; occupancy.
2. The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
3. The brink of a dangerous situation.
4. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
5. To clarify or make something understandable
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level