Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Anything that assures a certain outcome.
2. Flexible, liable to change.
3. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
4. Representation of a concept through symbols or underlying meanings of objects or qualities.
5. Anything that may be possible; a possibility
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level