ARE YOU an educator in Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco or Pinellas county?
DO YOU use the Tampa Bay Times in your classroom in an innovative, meaningful manner?
YOU COULD BE the next NIE Teacher of the Year!
The 2019 NIE Teacher of the Year Award will recognize educators who:
- Use the Tampa Bay Times to enhance student learning and the learning environment
- Employ innovative newspaper-based lessons, strategies or projects to develop students’ literacy skills
- Integrate the close reading of news and media literacy into classroom instruction
The winning educator will be honored at an award reception in April 2019 and will receive:
- $100 cash prize
- A grand prize plaque
- A Tampa Bay Times prize pack
- Invitation to present to newspapers from around Florida at the 2019 Florida Press Educational Services summer training conference
- Reimbursement for conference lodging and travel
Entries will be accepted Nov. 13, 2018 – Feb. 28, 2019
Click here for complete official rules