The Tampa Bay Times Newspaper in Education program invites teachers to use our Teaching Trunks to teach newspaper-based lessons in their classrooms.
Teaching Trunks are available for loan to public and private schools in Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco and Pinellas counties.
Loan periods are for four to six weeks. There is no cost to the teacher or school. Teaching trunks can be delivered to and picked up from schools in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Teaching trunks must be picked up from and returned to a Tampa Bay Times location by schools in Citrus, Hernando and Manatee counties.
What topics do the trunks cover?
- 9/11 (not currently available)
- Citizenship (not currently available)
- Civil rights (not currently available)
- Human space exploration
- Severe weather (not currently available)
- Teacher Guide with activities aligned to the Florida Standards
- Historical newspapers
- Photos, maps and editorial cartoons
- Student worksheets
- Audio and visual materials
- Student and teacher reference and resource materials
Teaching Trunk material is also available for download.
Newspaper in Education Teaching Trunk request form
To request a Teaching Trunk, fill out the form below. All fields are required.