Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Division into ordered groups or categories.
2. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid.
3. To endow with the rights of citizenship, especially the right to vote.
4. A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone.
5. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level