Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A stock of terms used in a particular profession, subject, or style; a vocabulary:
2. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
3. To proceed completely around:
4. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
5. The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level