Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
2. Shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane.
3. Of the same or similar nature or kind
4. To increase the positive charge or valence of (an element) by removing electrons.
5. A temple tower of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, having the form of a terraced pyramid of successively receding stories.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level