Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Extremely rapid, hasty, or abrupt; precipitate.
2. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
3. The science and technology of building electronic circuits and devices from single atoms and molecules.
4. A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality
5. A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level