Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. The process in cell division by which the nucleus divides.
2. To abolish, do away with, or annul, especially by authority.
3. To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
4. The art or study of correct spelling according to established usage.
5. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite sex to produce the fertilized egg.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level