Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it.
2. A diligent, dependable worker.
3. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
4. Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.
5. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level