Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. A factor that determines a range of variations; a boundary
2. To separate or get rid of (an undesirable part); eliminate.
3. Falling off or shed at a specific season or stage of growth:
4. Eating and drinking in moderation.
5. To certify or attest to (the validity of a signature on a document, for example) as a notary public.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level