Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Not limited to or associated with a particular religious denomination.
2. To modify, as by shortening or simplifying or by skewing the content in a certain manner.
3. A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
4. A diligent, dependable worker.
5. The basic unit of currency among participating European Union countries.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level