Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To start (a fire) or light (a torch).
2. To refill; to renew; to supply again or to add a fresh quantity.
3. To recover, especially from an illness; to get better from an illness.
4. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
5. One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level