Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Strange or mysterious, esp. in an unsettling way
2. To end, to come to an end.
3. Doubt, apprehension, a feeling of dread
4. Speech or language that is incomprehensible or unintelligible; gibberish.
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level