Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
2. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
3. Capable of doing many things competently
4. To completely engage the attention of.
5. Obvious or easy to notice.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level