Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
2. A movement or series of moves requiring skill and care
3. The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
4. The source or reason of an event or action
5. Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level