Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. More than half (50%) of some group
2. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
3. Natural ability to acquire knowledge or skill.
4. Important with regards to (a subject or matter); relevant
5. The throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level