Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of something, esp. information.
2. In order of time from the earliest to the latest
3. Make an idea, impression, or feeling known or understandable to someone.
4. An inadequate amount of something; a shortage
5. Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution)
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level