Click on the correct answer in the quiz below.
Then see if you can find the word in your newspaper -- the print edition, the website or the digital edition and copy the sentence for context. NOTE: High School words are much harder to find!
1. Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
2. To sink or fall to the bottom; to settle
3. Something that impedes, stands in the way of, or holds up progress
4. A form of acrobatic display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body.
5. To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
Lessons & Classroom Activities
Resources by grade level